Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing 23

Web 2.0 and the 21st Century Learner.

The world changes in the blink of the eye. We have technology that some people said would never happen. Everyone thought the telephone was a crazy idea, way back when. Now we have phones that we talk on, surf the web, take pictures and video, type into blogs, and a whole host of other applications. This means that teacher must take the time and school systems must embrace the technology and teach the teachers how to use the technology that it has and what it buys. Only then can we do our jobs and teach the students.

We as school need to prepare our students so that they know how to use this technology. When I say use, I mean appropriately and effectively, so that they get the most out of the information it can provide. We must teach the dangers of its use as well as all of the positive things that it can do.

I am really glad I decided to take this class. I have used wordle with my students. I have used creative commoms in a project from bighugelabs.com. I also cannot wait to share "Things" with my students and my co-workers.

There is so much out there, I am not sure that I have even scratched the surface of what is available, but I do know where I can go to keep my students and myself growing in the applications and uses of the World Wide Web.

Some of the stuff I have done for this class I did with the mindset of what will I need for my classroom to do. Others I did for me. I think that for me to grow as a teacher I must continue my quest to find others who want technology to continue to grow and become useable in the schools, so that our students are prepared for life.


I hope to continue posting to this blog and maybe some of my classmates will to.


See ya on the back side.

Chris Pannell

Westside Middle School
Barrow County Schools
Winder, GA 30680

my blog http://panedlife.blogspot.com/

edmodo.com panedlife
twitter.com pannellcatlanta
plurk.com panedlife
schoolrack.com panedlife

google account- chris.pannell@barrow.k12.ga.us
barrow county email chris.pannell@barrow.k12.ga.us

No comments:

Post a Comment